Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations
- Securities litigation, regulation and enforcement
- Employment and labor
- Fraud and asset recovery
- Risk advisory
- White-collar crime
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Julie N. Searle is a seasoned trial lawyer who has nearly two decades of experience in private practice, in-house, and government roles. Her practice focuses on complex business litigation, compliance, and internal investigations.
Before joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Julie served with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) for ten years as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in both the Civil and Criminal Divisions. As a Civil AUSA, Julie's focus included a wide range of commercial litigation and labor and employment matters, where she routinely advised various government agencies and handled all aspects of related investigations and litigation. As a Criminal AUSA, Julie conducted national and cross-border grand jury investigations on matters ranging from fraud, bribery, money laundering, worksite enforcement, human trafficking and public corruption. Julie has extensive courtroom experience and as lead counsel has handled hundreds of dispositive hearings and has tried 20 federal cases to verdict. Most recently, Julie served as a Senior Director of Ethics & Compliance at a major corporation, where she led and managed the company's U.S. Ethics team, which oversaw the resolution of numerous corporate ethics and compliance matters across multiple disciplines.
Leveraging her private practice, in-house, and government experience, Julie advises clients on the identification and mitigation of various compliance and litigation risks. She works with clients to develop pragmatic and cost-effective solutions that are designed to meet business objectives. Julie's dispute resolution and litigation experience covers the full spectrum, ranging from negotiation, mediation, and arbitration to vigorous courtroom strategy and appellate proceedings. Julie also routinely advises clients on a wide range of compliance matters, including corporate governance, risk assessments, remediation, and reporting.
Julie began her career as a law clerk for Judge Melinda Harmon for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
JD, Duke University School of Law
BA, honors, Economics and Government, Claremont McKenna College
- Texas State Bar
- Best Lawyers – Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2023
- Best Lawyers – Ones to Watch, Litigation – Securities, Best Lawyers, 2023
- Women We Admire, Top 50 Leaders for Austin, Texas, 2022
- U.S. Attorney's Employee Award, Southern District of Texas, Outstanding Prosecution for Criminal Immigration Enforcement, 2017
- U.S. Attorney's Employee Award, Southern District of Texas, Outstanding Prosecution for Financial Fraud, 2017
- U.S. Attorney's Award, Southern District of Texas, Outstanding Prosecution for Special Prosecutions Division, 2017
- U.S. Attorney's Award, Southern District of Texas, Outstanding Prosecution for Special Prosecutions Division (Human Trafficking), 2017
- U.S. Attorney's Award, Southern District of Texas, Outstanding Prosecution for Major Offenders Division, 2016
- U.S. Attorney's Award, Southern District of Texas, Outstanding Prosecution for Major Offenders Division, 2015
- U.S. Attorney's Award, Southern District of Texas, Outstanding Prosecution for Violent Offenders Division, 2014
- "Professional on the Fast Track," Houston Magazine, 2009
- "Texas Rising Star," Texas Monthly Law and Politics, 2008 & 2009
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Life Fellow
- Speaker, "Game Show: Can You Spot the Ethical Choice?" Association of Corporate Counsel - Houston Chapter, ACC Houston Annual Symposium, August 18, 2022
- Speaker, "Unpacking the Uyghur Act," Norton Rose Fulbright Webinar, June 9, 2022.
- Speaker, "Data Issues in Investigations – Navigating a Minefield", Norton Rose Fulbright Webinar, June 8, 2022.
- Speaker, "Healthcare enforcement priorities under the new administration," Norton Rose Fulbright Webinar, October 21, 2021
- Speaker, "ABC Training and Compliance Resourcing: what's expected," Norton Rose Fulbright EMEA Webinar series: Anti-bribery and Corruption (ABC) Compliance, October 6, 2021
- Speaker, "EU Whistleblowing Directive: What you need to know," Norton Rose Fulbright Webinar, June 24, 2021
- Speaker, "ESG is here! Are you ready?" Association of Corporate Council – Minneapolis Webinar, June 23, 2021
- Speaker, "Business Litigation Trends Regional Summit: A closer look at the top litigation trends facing businesses in New York," Norton Rose Fulbright Webinar, June 10, 2021
Publication | September 20, 2022
Webinar | June 08, 2022
Blog | June 07, 2022