Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations
- Securities litigation, regulation and enforcement
- Employment and labor
- Fraud and asset recovery
- Risk advisory
- White-collar crime
Julie N. Searle is a seasoned trial lawyer who has nearly two decades of experience in private practice, in-house, and government roles. Her practice focuses on complex business litigation, the representation of companies and individuals in enforcement proceedings, and internal investigations.
Before joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Julie served with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) for ten years as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in both the Civil and Criminal Divisions. As lead counsel, Julie tried 20 federal cases to verdict and handled numerous appeals, mediations, and arbitrations. Julie also conducted national and cross-border grand jury investigations on matters ranging from fraud, bribery, money laundering, worksite enforcement, human trafficking and public corruption. Most recently, Julie served as a Senior Director of Ethics & Compliance at Walmart, where she led and managed the retail giant's U.S. Ethics team, which oversaw the resolution of numerous corporate ethics and compliance matters.
Leveraging her private practice, in-house, and government experience, Julie advises clients on a wide range of issues, including the identification and mitigation of various compliance and legal risks. She works with clients to develop pragmatic and cost-effective solutions that are designed to meet business objectives. Julie's dispute resolution and litigation experience covers the full spectrum, ranging from negotiation, mediation, and arbitration to vigorous courtroom strategy and appellate proceedings. She has represented clients in a wide range of business, real estate, and employment disputes with an emphasis on complex commercial litigation, business fraud, and alleged corporate wrongdoing.
Julie began her career as a law clerk for Judge Melinda Harmon for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
JD, Duke University School of Law
BA, honors, Economics and Government, Claremont McKenna College
- Texas State Bar
- Speaker, "Healthcare enforcement priorities under the new administration," Norton Rose Fulbright Webinar, October 21, 2021
- Speaker, "ABC Training and Compliance Resourcing: what's expected," Norton Rose Fulbright EMEA Webinar series: Anti-bribery and Corruption (ABC) Compliance, October 6, 2021
- Speaker, "EU Whistleblowing Directive: What you need to know," Norton Rose Fulbright Webinar, June 24, 2021
- Speaker, "ESG is here! Are you ready?" Association of Corporate Council – Minneapolis Webinar, June 23, 2021
- Speaker, "Business Litigation Trends Regional Summit: A closer look at the top litigation trends facing businesses in New York," Norton Rose Fulbright Webinar, June 10, 2021
Publication | October 5, 2021
Webinar | October 21, 2021
Webinar | June 23, 2021
Webinar | June 24, 2021